About Me

My photo
God is steadily changing my heart to reflect his one day at a time.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

This God- His Way is Perfect

This God, His way is perfect. The word of the Lord proves true. He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him. - 2 Samuel 22:31

Surrendering all of my worries seems selfish. I'm a pretty independent person and knowing that someone else is willingly sharing ANY of my burdens is hard for me to accept. Having cancer when I was younger has caused me to be a bit more callous than I would have been. Ultimately, you just can't rely on anybody but yourself to get through the day...Or that's what I thought anyways.

It's hard to change your mentality after relying on yourself for so many years but I'm finding it to be one of the most necessary elements of my walk with Christ. Letting it go and giving it up to Him is what he asks of us. He doesn't say "Be courageous every day relentlessly because anything less is failure." In fact He asks us to draw strength from Him in order to glorify Him. ( 2 Corinthians 12:9 God's power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me.)

So I'm seeing a roadmap here for learning to walk with Christ. First stop, actually read the map. You have no idea how to get somewhere if you can't read instructions. Second, rely on the map to show you the right way to go. Having a map that isn't correct will get you nowhere. Third stop, move your feet in the direction the map says to go validating your trust in what it says.

Essentially, reading God's Word is the only way we can learn what His will is for our lives and leaving this guide closed every day is foolish. As we believe what God says, we can leave our fears and worries behind, trusting that He is leading us in the best direction possible. But the third step is where I get hung up.

Following through and taking the steps to completely rely on Him is a struggle for me! I can get into the Word and see what I'm supposed to do, be secure in that direction, and then completely fail to give total control to God. It baffles me because instead of taking the safe way which God has planned for me, I go the opposite direction in order to assert the fact that I can make my own choices.

Now why would I do that? Why when "His way is perfect" would I choose to go a different path??? I don't know the answer because I want to make the right choice but I can't seem to let my heart and feet agree.

God, help me to clearly see the right path according to your desires for me and allow me to fearlessly follow the path which you have shown me,

Diane Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment